- very cost effective relative to other turbines and waterwheels
- better efficiency at less than optimum flows compared to other turbines and water wheels.
- relatively simple to install, use and maintain
- slow rpm’s and therefore longer lasting bearings
- robust highly reliable design using standard 3 phase generators and other components easily available
- ability to handle debris without need for fine screening because there are no small nozzles
- fish friendly, can safely pass fish downstream
- can be used on heads as low as 1 meter and flow as low as 100 liters per second