Screw generators can be used almost anywhere there is between 1 meter and 10 meters of water drop and from about 100 liters per second to 10,000 liters per second flow rate.
- small low head dams that exist for irrigation, drinking water reservoirs, recreational & flood control processes.
- replacement of older turbine plants
- at outlets of waste water treatment plants
- on irrigation weirs and channels
- natural waterfall sites
- on fast moving rivers that provide the opportunity to gain the minimum head requirement with a short diversion channel.